We want you to meet Meredith Miller, author of the MeeGenius originals, “Oh Buoy!” and “Fresh Farm Pajamas”!
1. What is your name (and pen name, if applicable)?
2. What book(s) have you published with MeeGenius?
3. Where do you currently live? Please include city and state (or town and country if you’re non-US based).
Los Angeles, CA. What do I like best? The traffic. Kidding. The Hollywood Bowl.
4. Do you have any other occupations (excluding writing)?
Former life as a copywriter/producer for motion picture advertising. When I was a kid I wanted to fly. And be a writer.
5. Did you attend any secondary education institutions (college/university)? If so, where did you go? What was your major? Did you complete any post-secondary education (Masters, Ph.D. programs)?
I was an English major in College.
6. Do you have any children? Significant other? Pets? Dust bunnies that keep you company?
7. When did you first start writing stories?
I started writing when I was a kid.
8. Do you have any interesting writing habits? Love a specific type of tea to warm your creative juices, or do you listen to any particular bands/genres of music?
I get ideas often when I am driving. I write notes on receipts and scraps of pater but put it all together in my office, with the door open to our deck.
9. How do you overcome writer’s block?
10. What inspired you to write your book? Did you learn anything from writing this book?
11. How are you similar or different from the main character in your book?
I hope I don’t resemble a harbor seal.
12. What is your favorite children’s book?
Favorite? There’s that question again… so many favorites. “Woolbur”, “Library Lion”, “Corduroy”.
13. What is your favorite adult book?
Uh oh… favorites? “Don’t Let’s Go To The Dogs Tonight” by Alexandra Fuller, “Interpreter of Maladies” by Jhumpa Lahiri, many David Sedaris stories, and food/travel writing in general.
14. What are your hobbies?
I like to cook, hike (walk, really), travel, spend time with family and friends.
15. How do you like to spend your free time?
16. If you were forced to live in another country for the rest of your life, where would you move?
I would like to take different parts of countries and create a super peaceful and amazing place. The best food, theatre, nature, attitude. Cop out answer? Maybe.
17. If you could spend an afternoon with any one person, living or dead, who would it be and why?
18. If you had to spend a week inside a book, interacting with the characters and environment, what book would you pick?
A whole week? The Phantom Toll Booth with a bit of Little House of the Prairie thrown in for good measure.
19. Please provide three random facts about yourself. Feel free to make them as wacky and interesting as you prefer!
20. What was your favorite part of your story?
There’s that word again. 🙂
by Meredith Miller
Seals just want a place to rest, but there isn’t enough space on the buoy!
by Meredith Miller
A llama has eaten Cow’s pajamas! It turns out critters munching on clothing isn’t an uncommon problem when you live on a farm! Will the other animals help Cow get her pajamas back, or will she have to listen to all of their stories first?